Just placed an order on the Geforce 6800 GS AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get it from newegg. I just don't include the rebate price until after I send it because thats what my credit card got charged to :)

Oh and..

" you're asking AFTER you bought it? lol. i probably wouldn't done the same thing..."

I would have gotten the card either way.. It's a solid card for my budget, I was just wondering about the optional choices of unlocking pipelines, cause its not neccessary for the reasons I will be using my card, but would be a nice option.

I have the 6800gs AGP on my system, its pretty nice and manages to play everything fairly nice on high settings at 1024x768 or 1280x1024. Don't count on unlocking it though, some won't unlock because of damaged pipes (mine won't), you can easily get a decent overclock on it though (I tested mine at 400mhz, but chickened out to 380 since I need this card for at least 2 years). Overall it's a great card for the cash, probably be able to play all new games on medium/high settings for a while... until direct x 10 at least.

Ouch, thats a hefty price for just being out of country :(

But at anyrate..

I just got the card, and lets just say, the upgrade difference was huge. Much more then I anticipated.

Simply put: 9600 XT 3d'06 score: 416
6800 GS (straight outta the box) 3d'06 score: 2112

Yea, it definitly would, but running tests on 03 and 01 would contradict accurate scores and reasoning behind getting an upgrade for today's standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom