Quick OC advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Is it worth my trying to overclock my computer (specs in sig.).

I think it runs a little on the hot side but I'm not an OC expert, here are some idle temp readings:

Temperatures
Motherboard 30 °C (86 °F)
CPU 59 °C (138 °F)
Aux 38 °C (100 °F)
GPU 39 °C (102 °F)
GPU Ambient 38 °C (100 °F)
WDC WD740GD-00FLC0 29 °C (84 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2637 RPM
Chassis 1854 RPM
Power Supply 975 RPM

I have a Lian-Li PC 60 case (4x80mm fans) but I swapped out the stock fans for quieter ones and they do push a lot less air.
the PSU fan speed is low because its a 12CM fan BTW.

I did put some AS5 on my CPU because under load in the summer it was going over 80C.

59C idle is way too high. I would consider an aftermarket heatsink and fan on top of the AS5 you have installed before considering to overclock. Overall those Barton cores seem to run really hot and I would not recommend overclocking it.

Hey it ran hotter before I put the AS5 on it!

any chance the sensor is reporting an inaccuarte temp? though even if thats the case the other temp readings all seem quite high to me..

Is a case temp of around 40C to hot? can I cool that down somehow? I have concidered putting more powerful fans in the front (deltas actually) but I dont want my comp to sound like a jet engine.

Any votes on cooling this beasty?

I've noticved the airflow in the case isnt great but I have all expansion slots filled and the Lian-Li PC60 design means my 3 HDDs are right in front of the intake fans.
I guess I could try getting rounded cables for the Optical drives, would that make much difference? I havent bothered so far because theres like 2 foot of SCSI ribbon in there anyway.

?

Athlon XP's run pretty **** hot. I built a computer for someone with an Athlon XP and with the stock cooling and thermal pad it idled at around 52*C and load was like 60*C or something. So I poped a couple fans and it dropped a few degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom