Memory Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
I have 2 512mb sticks of corsair twinx 2-2-2-5. If I want to get to 2 gig, would I be better off buying 2 more of these so I have 4 of the same stick, or should I get 2 -gb sticks? These are the only ones I can find that come at 2-2-2-5. So basically, will having 4 modules slow me down anyway, and therefore getting 2 slower sticks be more beneficial? Thank you.

well if your mother board suports dual channle buying 2 x 1 gb sticks would be much better than 4 x 512 :)

Depending on what your motherboard is, it's likely that adding 2 more sticks will downclock it all to PC2700 speeds. 2x1gb is always better than 4x512mb. If nothing else, the ram will have to run in 2T if you have 4 sticks.

Ryan

Thanks for the quick reply, the board is an ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe that does support dual channel but it seems like I should just go ahead and get 2 slower 1gb sticks then try and clock them as best I can....

Thank you. I have ordered the pair you recommended. And yes, I will overclock the whole system. Do you have a screen name or e-mail I can ask more questions through. I will be overhauling a lot of my componants and want good advice.

well Im not much of a guru when it comes to OC, but I know wich hardware OC great:) , like that ram you got;)....but you can ask Ryan...003 can help you too....he oc the crap out of his opteron...any yeah glad I helped:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom