How to Remove an Icons from system tray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopenhagen

In Runtime
I have a dumb question, I start to have more Icons on my system tray , they're on both sides, it just takes more places ...I can't figure out how to remove them

Please don't tell me to do safe mode bc I can't with Win 2000, I have already put msconfig in system32 when I run I couldn't get into boot.ini...is there an other way to remove Icon without Safe mode?

Thanks

MicroBell said:
You can simply right click the icon (on the left side of taskbar) and select delete.

I thought that was the QuickLaunch toolbar. Isn't the System Tray a list of running apps located next to the clock on right side of the taskbar? Carify?

i don't know about the registry, but you would be able to remove the icons from SystemTray only if you find the corresponding option in each program that is running and turn it off.

these are startup programs that you can either disable at startup by the msconfig file you have...or edit them from your run menu in the registry

I can't get into msconfig for sure,for the other option, I went to regedit/HKEY CURRENT USER/ ???

Please indicate where do I go next?

If you cant get the msconfig working right use this nifty little program...

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=startup&tg=dl-2001

then it is called Start Up Control Panel 2.6, once downloaded unzip the file, install the application..It will appear as nothing has been installed, but if you go into your control panel you will now see an icon that says STARTUP. Launch that and click on each tab and explorer once being launched at startup!! Thats how you get items out of the actual system tray..as for the left side on the quick launch the others are right..just right click the icon and delete.

kopenhagen said:
I have a dumb question, I start to have more Icons on my system tray , they're on both sides, it just takes more places ...I can't figure out how to remove them

Please don't tell me to do safe mode bc I can't with Win 2000, I have already put msconfig in system32 when I run I couldn't get into boot.ini...is there an other way to remove Icon without Safe mode?

Thanks

Befor i answer,do you mean task bar,i know systray shows up with ctrl/alt/del
But i always thought it controlled the "task bar"
Please post a screenshot.

Attachments

• speaker wiring.gif
    speaker wiring.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 111
i think some of you have the terminology confused. the bottom of the screen by default from left to right is as follows:

Start Button:QuickLaunch:Taskbar:System Tray:Clock

if you want items removed from the System Tray you need to go to each program and uncheck the option Minimize to Tray or something to that effect. also, check this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310429
for those who don't have an option.

Top or bottom

I prefer mine at the top,but heres what i see now.
:)

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom