Problem: The disk in drive G is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayetet13

Baseband Member
i have 3 hard drives 2 120gb maxtor and 1 200gb sigaet...
i use the first maxtor for the os win xp and the second one for all my other downloaded content...anyways all of a sudden after doing nothing the second maxtor driver gave me this error:
The disk in drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?

and i cant enter it i looked in adminstrative tools at storage devices and it sais its healthy and i assumed it is and i hope its fixable because i realy realy cant loose any of my data on that drive.

does any one have advice and know what to do or has encountered this problem before?

Thank you

The partition information became corrupted somehow. Your data is most likely there it just doesnÂ’t know exactly where and what. Try this program or anything similar to it to recover data of drive F. Copy it to a working partition or external drive, then once your data is safe you can hit yes to the format to remake the table information.
I also suggest you Google for a program called Astra32, use this program to check the SMART status of your hard drive. It can tell you if your driving is going bad, which could have been the cause of the lost partition.

it sais the health status is bad, i could have figured that one out alone ...hehe but i need some way to fix it or save my data...
what program did you say i should try to recover my daya?
astra32 dosnt do any operations it only tells me the statis of every thing on my system....thanks for the help so far.

its a bit of a problem beacuse it takes 120gb space to back up my hdd and i dont have that much spare space...unless i get another hdd which i have been planning to but no right now...
the only thing that i can think about that caused this is the night before the problem started i used O&O Defrag Professional
i left it defragging all three of my hdd over night...i dont see how this could cause the problem.
any thoughts?

well i always had that problem when i reinstalled os and u said u didn't do that right?

nop...just defragged abd after that it stopped working...might not even be that...thats the only thing i can think about that caused it cause thats the last thing i did when i remember that the drive worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom