Choosing a Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Is there anything to look out for when you choose a case? I'm getting close to my first build, and just wondering if there's anything I need to know. If anyone can recommend one, I'm looking for a case with a side window, neons, and a LED display showing temperatures, if possible.

Here's some that I've been lookin at.

Raidmax Ninja, X1, Sagitta
Cooler Master Centurion, Ammo533
Antec SuperLanboy
Thermaltake Shark, Soprano, Tsunami

what to look out for.... steel or aluminum, aluminum is optimal, b/c it's alot lighter....and a full tower case not made of aluminum is HEAVY as the others said, lots of places for fans...preferably 120mm fans. they move more air wihtout having to spin so **** fast, so they are alot quieter. bonuses: removeable motherboard trays...makes installation a bit easier...drive rails...makes installing drives alot simpler, they slide right in and snap in place, instead of having to screw them in there...some even have quick release drive bays, that let you completely remove it so you can install without having to mess with the bulky case....just some ideas...

edit: don't use the PSU's that come w/ cases, MOST are pieces of crap...buy one seperately, don't cheap out on a flashy $30 PSU either. Static_11 has a great Sticky at the top of this forum. among other things is some good information on PSU's.

I am a Thermaltake fan, but Antec and Coolermaster make very good cases as well. As mentioned get the PSU seperately from the case. The most important factors in choosing a case is cooling and space. Lots of room allow for the cables to be routed in such a way as to create better airflow and a cooler running PC.

nitestick said:
the Soprano always has my vote. it is such a great case to work with. its only downside is the front door to it looks kind of tacky

Yeah, I liked it too, until I saw one and opened the front. It feels real flimsy. Anyone had any experience with the Raidmax cases? Or the Antec Super Lanboy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom