Best INTEL processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
And I do emphasize Intel here even though I know we have a lot of Athlon fans in this forum. So quite simply, which of the two is the better processor; Intel Xeon or Intel Pentium 4?

WHen a mobo comes out to support the intel core duo it will be the best.

i thought i posted this before too, but when i went back to check on the stats it wasn't here. I mainly plan on using this for a server, but a little bit of high end gaming too with a X1900XTX Radeon 512MB video card.

...still trying to figure out why you want an Intel...

If you want heavy gaming and server stuff, there's the Opteron.

Sorry, but IMHO Intel is good for one thing --- multimedia.

EDIT: Oh, and to answer your question: neither. Xeons run terribly hot, and the P4 isn't that great of a performer. There's always the Pentium D, however.

If you buying now get amd, if you dont mind waiting a little while mobo's should be coming out supporting the intel core duo and you should buy one of those.

I agree with just about everyone here. Pentium processors do not impress me at all. I am in the process of upgrading my setup and I am going back to AMD. Just waiting to see what happens in June :).

You want my opinion? Buy a socket 939 motherboard and an X2 AMD processor and overclock it as high as you can while still running stable. You will outperform Intel's equivalent by doing so and save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom