AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
4W4K3 said:
But if you want to photo edit/video edit or something huge like that an Intel will usually prove better in the end, if you don't skimp on hardware.
well that is true for single core Pentium 4's, however Hyperthreading is usually what gave Intel the lead in video editing. now that we are into dual core CPU's, AMD X2's are better in video editing than Pentium 4's with Hyperthreading or even Pentium D's

processor to processor amd has intel beat. just go over an dcheck out extreme tech's web site they have very detailed information on thier real world tests, in every catagory amd has won. the $600 X2 runs circles sround the $1000 pentium extreme edition. the sempron 3400+ which is a budget cpu scores better than some p4 HTs! this is what happens when you dont spend money in r&d for three years, bad move intel.

I have found that both amd and intel processors both have their weaknesses because when intel processors overheat I find that they just shut off but amd processors can smooke and catch on fire. I had my old Athlon thunderbird almost go up in flames when the heatsink died. But amd is way better for preformance in my opinion.

thats true to an extent. To my knowledge that happened with older Socket A and Intel Chips. The Intel would just slow itself down. But the AMD would die. Nowerdays i think most motherboards has a feature to power off the system on overheat so its a bit of a non issue.

to an extent, since this cpu hasnt exactly been released yet you cant really compare it to something AMD has had out for a while.

But the Conroe is probably the first Intel CPU i would buy since becoming Tech aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom