to anyone with a dell dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
right. i know what this thread could well turn into, so if you have nothing relavent to post, please dont.

has anyone with a dimension managed to get manual control over the cpu fan, or manage to get a reading on the cpu temp sensor? the fan speeds up of its own accord, when the system is under load for a while, so it is clearly possible.
also, in the 'dell diagnostics' thing that you can boot to, a test can change the speed, so there must be a way, but dell seem to have blocked it. on max, it pulls a LOT of air, so would be good while gaming to keep the whole system cool. (btx case)

anyone know how?

Yea yea were not that stupid lol. Just I don't think DELL includes sensors on the motherboard to register a temp in speedfan.

well, the fan speeds up of its own accord when under load for a while. i think there are sensors there somewhere.

i do want to control the fan though. shove it up max for gaming would bring the temps down, as it is a BTX case, the fan is also the intake. if the fan is adjustable, it must be able to be chamnged somehow.

edit: mailed dell about it. doubt they will tell me, but if i do find anything, i will tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom