best mb for oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin

In Runtime
What board would be best for over clocking?

Using a AMD Opteron 144 Venus CAB2E

EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLi Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

or

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

from what i have read i was thinking dfi but I read some reviews on newegg and people were saying the epox was easier to oc and not to far behind in performance.

just tryin to get some info before i commit

Thanks

DFI is by far the best overclocking board. They probably said the epox was easier because there is probably less options, so its less "confusing." The DFI board is good for all overclocking levels. If you want to do a simple bump in speed you can do it. If you want to tweak every setting to get maximum performance, you can do it.

The best motherboard for overclocking is the DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR Venus. If you can't afford that, then the Ultra-D.

The DFI has some very advanced options, not really for noobs. A very simple straight forward motherboard with a lot of overclocking options would have to be the MSI K8N Neo4-F.

reggie_da_man said:
The DFI has some very advanced options, not really for noobs. A very simple straight forward motherboard with a lot of overclocking options would have to be the MSI K8N Neo4-F.

If you aren't comfortable with tweaking a lot of settings, then you can just ignore them and adjust what you want.

Is the

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Venus Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

worth $289.00 why is it so $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom