Three Primary Partitions on same drive, coursing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drags

Beta member
Hey.

I found out last night that my single Harddrive was running with three primary Partitions on the same drive, of which i only use C: as my system, and the others for Programs, Games etc.

After speaking with a mate of mine, i find it quite odd that i am running with that, as according to him i shouldn't be able to run with three Primary partitions?! But I should be running with one primary and then extended / Logical Drives, for the others.

Well here's my Question, can / does this have any impact on performance or can / does it produce anything else of any kind or doesn't that matter?

And adding to that even further -> Can it somehow damage once harddrive or anything like that? Because i bought a new system 9 Months ago, where I used my 200Giga Seagate 7200.8 on that and installed it with those three Primary Partitions, somehow. And I didn't really notice it until now :/ Anyways my drive began to fail shortly after that. Maybe the problem was there before i changed the system but i didn't hear any odd sounds coming from the drive etc. And could something as "simple" as that really produce Hard Disk Erroes / Bad Sectors, due to the fact I am not using the extra primary drives for booting or another system?! Only for music, games, data etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom