windows xp activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
you cant activate windows on two computers, because the activation number is for one computer, unless its corporate edition, which you will pay lots of money for.

I have my XP Pro on 5 computpers with the same key. I got it from MSDN i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

talldude123 said:
you're lucky then...or got a crack for it

ah no i dont deal with the cracking anymore since i got msdn no reason to. its a legit download from my school.

When you go to activate windows and it says invalid. just click on the telephone option...you will get a prerecorded voice asking if you wish to activate windows xp...say yes...then press zero on the phone. You will be forwarded to a representative. They will ask you for the installation id. You read that off and they ask you some questions. If they ask why you are reactivating just say it was a format. If they say how many machines this copy is installed on you simply say just this one. They may even ask for your product key. After all that they read off your new activation code and your set. I've never had any problem activating windows and IÂ’ve done it plenty of times.

I use the same method as JoeCo and they always are helpful and allow me to activate. I can't tell you how many times I've done this. I tend to play around with my p.c.'s and usually wind up re-installing the O.S. with any c.d./dvd i've got laying around. I've NEVER had a problem activating via the phone. As long as you let MS know that this is the ONLY p.c. the software is installed on you'll be golden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom