computer not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam_not_2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i turn my comp on (shuttle SN25p) and nothing happens, everything runs but no image on the display. what could problem? thanks

I would suggest taking out the RAM, modem, etc. See if the board produces any beep codes. If it does, then we'll start from there ... and, if it doesn't, I would vote for bad motherboard.

well i have a cmos button in the back, i have a feeling that got pushed when it was running, what harm can this do? thanks

On majority board that I've seen, the CMOS will just reset back to default settings. I suppose it all depends on the BIOS. I mean, the computer will boot without a CMOS battery, so I wouldn't think it could prevent it from booting.

Generally speaking, if the board produced no beep codes when the memory was pulled, I would usually say it is a bad motherboard. In some scenarios, I suppose it could be the power supply ... but I couldn't say it would be very likely.

Can you here the fan running? Open up the case too. Do you see any of the little green LED lights on?

Sounds like your BIOS is scrambled. I gues you've tried this but if not then give it a go.. Take out the CMOS battery for atleast 10-15 mins then put it back and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom