AMD Sempron with a X1900XT!! Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shumway said:
Sempron's are more powerful than you think,The only difference between them and a regular athlon is the sempron has half the cache.

And the thing is, that AMD's don't rely on cache like Intel processors do. So, by taking the cache out of a P4, you're removing it's strongest point. By taking the cache out of an Athlon, not THAT big of a deal. Semprons are good processors.

Ryan

Ya... you've got a problem when i can run Source games at 12x7/all high/max HDR/2AA/ 2AF/ and get a steady 40+ fps... rig in sig

yes i plugged in the Power, IE the Hiper Type-R. Also note that my m8 has 2 different makes of RAM, one some value select of some kind and the other Crucial ballistix.

well take this under consideration too.. what map were you playing??? some maps like ice world look like complete crap and allow my 6800 gs to hit 200 fps at times, averaging at about 120 fps on 1280x1024 6xAA 16xAF... while at levels like.. cs_militia, with all the HDR effects actually being in play, my average drops to about 30-40 fps, depends on how many people are there... so i highly doubt your radeon 9800's are running anything good with and actual high dymanic range map.. play cs_militia with with hdr on full (if available) you'll definetly see a difference in hdr maps.. they're insanely lighted, and slow you down like crazy

and if any of you are talking about the stress test... DON'T, it doesnt stress a gpu in anyway... if i'm averaging 125fps in it.. its not stressing anything! gameplay shows totally different results...

dust doesnt use hdr.. i just visited that level now, still averaging 100 fps there... so there's no way its got hdr lighting.. go to cs_militia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom