motherboard replacement problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obtruse_Man4

In Runtime
I just recently ordered a "Biostar U8668D V7.1 VIA Socket 478 microATX" from tigerdirect, but I can't get the hdd to boot into windows. The motherboard posts, and I can get into the bios. When I try to boot from the hdd though, I get a black screen for a couple of seconds, then I get a blue screen error saying that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to my computer. I don't see a windows logo or anything else, just a black screen, then a blue one.

I'm not that good at the hardware side of things, so doing my best I unplugged the cdrom and floppy from the mobo, and tried to boot from the hdd again. I got the same result though. So I tried using the second ide slot on the mobo, then tried another hdd, then I tried switching the cables out; all with no luck.

What am I not doing? I can only assume that the motherboard is good, however I have no way of testing that. What else can I do to try to determine what the problem is?

Did you reinstall windows when you switched motherboards? You must format and reinstall windows when you switch motherboards (unless you use 2 identical mobos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom