It's that time again when i buy a part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh really??? wow.. i wasnt planning on buying til firday.. thank god, that should lower the price of the 7800gtx then... i will see... a dual 7800 gt's should be even cheaper then.... but, we'll see.. i'll have plenty of money to decide by then!

Cerulean said:
If it's in your budget go for the 7800GTX.

ya, i was thinking about jsut getting one of those.. and then eventually getting the second later, it all just depends how patient i am... and how much money i feel like spending.... all i know is.. i'm either getting 2 7800gt's this week, or 1 7800gtx and saving for the 2nd later one, but the thing is, i don't want to get something that is incredibly expensive that i'm just going to be throwing out the instant the geforce 8 comes out.. thats why i was considering sli with the 7800gt's

its too hard to sit on the money.. one way or another... i'll spend it.. sadly, i am a horrible person with money..... so i must buy something... probably 1 7900gtx... maybe.. i don't know :(

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
RAID 0 implements a striped disk array, the data is broken down into blocks and each block is written to a separate disk drive
I/O performance is greatly improved by spreading the I/O load across many channels and drives
Best performance is achieved when data is striped across multiple controllers with only one drive per controller
No parity calculation overhead is involved
Very simple design
Easy to implement

Also them 2 raptors are 10k rpm

I din't get a word you said :confused:

i agree with ibbonkers, sell the 6800 and get a 7800gt.

Kazama. when using RAID 0 you basically have 2 hdd's that become linked together. if you are using SATA this puts them on seperate controllers on the motherboard. whenever the system writes to the "RAID array" it splits the data between the 2 hdd's giving it double the speed for reading and writing data. the only downside to RAID 0 is that if one drive fails you lose all the data from the RAID.

i've heard some new opinions, and they're very tempting as well... i've been told i should just get a 7800 gtx, and buy the second one later on (next paycheck).... i'm tempted, but 2 7800 gt's should save me alot of money... its a very hard decision to make....

alright.. well i've come to a completely different conclusion.. i've decided to get the ati x1900xt... for 445 dollars you can't go wrong with that, its oem but oh well, anyone know where i can get the drivers for card?? i'm looking around the ati site but can't find em.. i don't want to be stressin over finding them last minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom