price for vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares. by the time it comes out I will have invented something better that

Modernpc2006 said:
Recently, I'v heard about the Windows Vista versions, as shown on this website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/versions/default.mspx

Does anyone know how much windows vista basic will cost$ ? Also, will vistsa basic, offer low speed computers to upgrade?

I strongly regret if this topic has been discussed previously.

I would guess in the 200's. But that's for the software, you will need to drop another 1000 on the hardware to run it properly.

It's going to be much different than previous editions ... Especially since there will be 20 different versions.

Modernpc2006 said:
Recently, I'v heard about the Windows Vista versions, as shown on this website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/versions/default.mspx

Does anyone know how much windows vista basic will cost$ ? Also, will vistsa basic, offer low speed computers to upgrade?

I strongly regret if this topic has been discussed previously.
Well right now there are either 7 or 8 versions being released. But half of them are the N versions that are for the UK. They dont have WMP bundled with it.

As to answer your question nothing has been finalized for pricing yet. It has been a great topic of argument...i mean discussion.

Some say that the Starter Edition will go for $99 but it wont be easily available. The Home Basic is what will be most likely available and run somewhere around $100-$200. Like i said nothing is final yet. It still is in Beta. The next Beta release is set for April sometime. The final release isnt supposted to be till End of year.

Other than that most of todays systems might be able to run it. The system requirments are still in debate also. They havent gotten the requirements down yet. But the Video and RAM needed to run with the "Glass Effect" are quite high. Some say 64MB Vid card with 512 MB RAM works. But i have noticed laggin. I use a 256MB Vid Card with 1.5MB RAM and i still have noticed some lag but not as much than with lower specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom