Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt aware that you could "build" a laptop from barebone...can you?

And besides i firmly belive hat after playing AoE 3 on a Dell Inspiron w/ 2.4GHz that a laptop is strictly for email, media, and office work....NOT gaming! The lag is soo bad and it eats up ur memory! If u HAVE to get a laptop, get a mid to high end Alienware...that is if you can bear the weight of a hefty price tag!

well i personaly believe that the XPS model is just an attempt from Dell to "one-up" on the Alienware series...i wouldnt trust Dell with a calculator! Go for Alienware or none (i.e. a Desktop! which IS made for gaming)

Dell left a very bitter taste in my mouth....extremely hard to upgrade with them....But I wouldnt mind having an XPS laptop, BUT I would Love an alienware.....

as i said before, xtremenotebooks.com sells the same exact laptops alienware does but without the label and for a lesser cost.

Like people said before, the XPS Laptops, alienware, sager are all great, but all very expensive so beware to be dropping around 3 grand on a laptop to play BF2 at max settings.

Sorry for the late reply but I been busy.Anyways I like those Extreme notebooks.I have no prob spending 3 grand kinda what I was expecting.I'll probaly have like a few battery and Ill be using it at work where I can plug it in the wall.Or in my truck via huge power converter.

cvb724 said:
well the intel core duo's are looking pretty sweet right now.
Agreed. If you can find one with good graphics.

BTW, f34ky, have I ever told you your avatar owns?

lol yes it does. nice. the ones at xtremenotebooks offer the option of a 7800GTX graphics card so they're a great site to start looking :)

roar dell not bad. i got one of their desktops and it games pretty good. i seriously had it for over three years and had no bad problems. and this isnt even an xps but it still games good enough. its just you have to spend more than nessary and next time its my own build, keep in mind even tho dell uses generic parts doesnt mean it will cause problems... they modify alll the parts to work iwth "their" system so it should work well, but it wont always use all the fastest stuff, and their biggest drawback is that they dont use AMD processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom