Fx-55

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
i think overclocking by multiplier requires less voltage to stabilise than pushing the FSB therefore the cooling would not be as bad. FX series run hot as is and i would not want to run one on stock cooling anyway

Ok, so what would be the best route to start OCing the multiplier? How much should I bump at each time?

While Im at the OC'ing thing I figured Id give my a GPU a boost. I'm using RivaTuner. Do I need to set it to Performance 3D or what? I've never used it, so its new to me. :)

Just bump up the multiplier in increments of 1. Each time you go up 1X more, you get an extra 200MHz (if your HTT/FSB is 200).

For the video card, use performance 3D.

Ok guys. I've uped the memory on my GPU from 1100 to 1110. I ran 3dmark05 and NO problems, BUT on the last test when the dude with the big gattling gun is going to town I see lines appear and dissapear around him. What the heck? Does that mean my card can't OC to 1110? Seems weird to me.

Hmm.........this makes no sense now. lol

I just upped the Core speed to 435. I upped the memory back to 1110 and ran 3dmark again. I saw the lines again, but not nearly as well. I did however score 5,782 marks. lol Highest Ive ever gotten. :)

I wonder why my temps run so hot at idle. Take a look at these temps. Im using nVidia n-tune to get the temps.

CPU: 52 degrees Celsius.
GPU: 58 degrees Celsius
System: 37 degrees Celsius

Those are awfully hot for idle........arent they? Hmm........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom