Hal.dll missing or corrupt......HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonho

Beta member
Hi,

I'm using a HP com running on Windows XP.
I recently used the System Recovery discs (6 of them) to reformat my whole computer. When it was all done I reboot the computer and this error came out:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

Windows\System32\Hal.dll

I looked through the net but none of the help was applicable to what I saw on my computer.
All I have is the 6 HP System Recovery cds.

What should I do?
Please help I'm going crazy here/
Thank You

So i am guessing that you dont have the Windows XP CD. That would allow you to run a repair on the partition.

2 Options.
1. Call HP and request a XP CD.
2. If you have your serial. Download XP. Use YOUR SERIAL and do a repair.

Anything else will not really help. The hal.dll is a needed file and can only be relaced by a repair or format-reinstall. Just adding the .dll will not fix the issue. I know i have tried before. ;)

armyofswiss, nope I cant get into run.

Makaveli213, thanks for the advice, I'll call hp and ask them soon.

Thanks for the help guys! : )

1/ Place your Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM and Reboot your PC

2/ XP's setup program will automatically start and files will be loaded to memory

3/When you reach the Welcome to Setup screen choose the Repair option by pressing R

4/ This will start the Recovery console and the list of Windows installations will appear

5/ As you only have one installation on your PC you need to press the number which is relevant to your installations location. This, obviously will typically be 1

6/ Type in your Administrator password. If you are using Windows XP Home edition the administrator password is blank by default so simply press Enter

7/Now type bootcfg/ list

8/ A list will now appear of all the entries in your boot.ini file

9/ Next type bootcfg/ rebuild

10/ Your boot.ini file should now be repaired

11/ Finally remove your XP CD from the CD-ROM and then type Exit

12/ Reboot your machine to see if the the problem has been cured

Thanks for all the help guys,

just called HP and they said they don't just provide the XP cd, what the ****....

So I just have the 6 Recovery cds with me, is the problem still fixable?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom