Windows blue screen of death, over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry monkey

Beta member
Okay, for the past three days i've been trying to fix this issue. I just built a PC and I used my old gateway microsoft xp OS cd to install windows.

system specs:
AMD Athalon64 Dual core processor 3800+
2 gigs of Corsair ram
EVGA 7800 GT
Asus a8n sli premium

Problems i'm getting:

- When i try to download simple programs off the internet, they are all corrupt. From quicktime to aim.
- I get the blue screen of death with "bad_pool_error" no matter what I do
- System errors once i start up windows

Things i've tried doing:

- Un-plugging my router
- Reformatting in NTFS mode
- Downloading drivers for my mobo and card

I'm honestly at my breaking point here, please help

Well since the disc was for a Gateway machine which you are not using now i would think that your XP install is the problem.

Most PC Manufacturer's cater XP to include the driver and that to be specific to those machines. Plus using that XP disc to install on your new machine violates the EULA since it is considered a new machine, even though it really is.

So really there are 2 options.
1. Get a new copy of XP and try that out see if it helps.
2. Try to upgrade all drivers, BIOS, and everything possible. Firmware for drives and such. See if that helps any.

Thanks guys, i ran memtest there was no errors. So ram isnt the issue i think.

What i did i think that Nvidia had a FW that would have problems with the SP2 firewall. I just un-installed Nvidia FW and no problems yet. I did update the following.

bios

tweaked with the CPU/DRAM settings changing seeing if the CPU/mem was the cause of this.

no errors but then again i just uninstalled it(n vidia firewall), so i'll post if another problem occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom