whats the better processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but i'm not to thrilled about the machine's graphics, but since i've always been partial to Intel, I'd have to say go with the Centrino Duo.

Yeah the thing that was making it hard to decide was the graphics card. The amd actually has a ATI Radeon X600 Graphics, 256MB HyperMemory Video Memory (128MB Local Onboard Video Memory)

Here are the specs for the amd:

Product Features

AMD Mobile Athlon 64 Processor 4000+ and 2.6GHz Processor Speed

15.4" Widescreen Ultrabright WXGA TFT Type Display

100GB Hard Drive (4200RPM)

1024MB PC2700 DDR memory for multitasking power, expandable up to 1536MB.

DVD+/-RW Multi-Format Double Layer (Up To 8.5GB) Drive

10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 Port), 802.11g Wireless LAN (Up To 54Mbps) SecureEasySetup, 125 High Speed, ModeBroadRange Technology
Weighs only 3.4 kg and measures just 4.1 cm thin for easy portability.

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 operating system preinstalled; software package includes Microsoft Works 8.0, Microsoft Office 2003 Student Teacher Edition Trial (60-Day Complimentary Trial Period), Microsoft Money 2005, Microsoft Encarta Online, Adobe Reader 7, CyberLink PowerDVD, Nero 6 Suite, Microsoft Windows Media Player 10, Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 (60-Day Digital Image Standard 2006 Trial), RealNetworks RealPlayer , Napster 3.0 (30-Day Trial), Quicktime, Microsoft Internet Explorer, AOL 9.0 (6 Months Membership), Google Toolbar, SecureEasySetup, GatewayShield Comprehensive Security, McAfee Internet Security Suite (90-Day Complimentary Subscription) and more.

I/O Ports: 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x VGA External Connector, 1 x S-Video External Connector, 1 x IEEE 1394, 1 x RJ11 (Modem), 1 x RJ45 (Ethernet LAN), 1 x Microphone, 1 x Headphone / Audio Out

Graphics: ATI Radeon X600 Graphics, 256MB HyperMemory Video Memory (128MB Local Onboard Video Memory)

The intel specs are a few posts up.
Which should i go with? the amd is about $400 more expensive than the intel.

Also yeah there both laptops, and the intel i beleive is a Dual Core

If the intel is using the yohna core or one of the other new ones, I'd have to say go with intel. But dell probably won't tell you what core it's using...

Id assume its the newest becuase the 6400 notebook just got released by dell on March 1st. So i would guess it has the newest core.

Yes, I've done some research, that is indeed using a yohna-based cpu, I'd get it.

So go with the intel? the cpu is better than the 2.6amd?
also the amd does have the ati x600. will the intels 950 stand even close to that?
so definetly the intel?

Wait, the intel has onboard graphics and the amd has an x600, if thats true, then get the amd

yeah the intel has an onboard 950 graphics accelerator, while the amd has an x600!
So i guess graphics goes to amd, but cpu speed wise, is the amd better or the intel? and by how far of a margin?

Thanks,

EDIT*** Also the amd is 4.1cm thick and about 7.5lbs!
the dell is alot smaller and lighter.
So which should it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom