What is this Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Crap!!!!! Bought this PCIe Nvidia 6800gt (supposedly) on Ebay for $160. Seemed like a good deal as I am building a AMD gaming system> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8769328743&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I have pictures of this card but, as yet, I have no idea how to post them here if someone wuold give me some OJT. It is possible that this PCIe card needs to Molex power supply on the rear of the card but does not have one(seems hard to believe). I have not yet received the Mobo and CPU (Venice core 3200+) and so I cannot test it. Can anyone give me a heads up on this card?:confused:

It needs a 6 pin PCI express power cord.

to post an image, you host it on a site like imageshack.us and put the link inbetween

Thanks......where does that 6 pin adapter attach? I thought that slot surface at the top of the card was for SLI attachment to another PCIe card? I see no place on this card that allows for a power connector. But then I'm completely new to PCIe.
00001584vu.jpg

my.php

False advertising,that is not a gt, it is a plain jane 6800. The gt does have a 6 pin power conector and the plain one does not. BTW, a brand new EVGA 6800 is $129.00 on Newegg.

Thanks all. Now to Ebay dispute center. Dang! This is really a sucky way to learn but I am now better educated, at least!

im sorry but if you have a better reason to not buy hardware from ebay please show me....

this is the reason i NEVER ebay comp parts.. idc on the price

The memory needs cooling on 6800GTs. That IS a 6800 plain.

Now you know why that guy has 92% feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom