Ad-Aware SE Personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallace

Baseband Member
For me at the moment Ad-Aware SE Personal software is useless. I downloaded it, went to update the definitions as it told me they were 295 days old, was told there was an error connecting to the internet. I am on broadband, and have no trouble with any other software or connections. Could someone tell me what I am doing incorrectly please? :( Is the program free and worth having?

its your internet connection...
i have ad-aware installed, and i have no problem updating.

Did you download the lastest version?

Yes, SE PERSONAL 1.06. Could you explain how you know it is my internet connection when I have no trouble with Ewido, a-Squared, Windows Defender Beta 2, Counter spy, Cleanup, CCCleaner, Spybot, PC DOC 3.5, Registeryfix, and Regseeker, and Spyblaster. All are fine, manually run at my command. I had this trouble on my previous HP Laptop. Can you help with the internet connection and why is Ad-Aware so different in how it connects to the internet for definition update?

when you check for updates, before connecting, click "configure" and see if you need to change anything to be able to connect.

are you on broadband internet?

Yes on Broadband, and I have configured with my port and proxy, but to no avail. I am connected all the time, I know what you mean, connected to the Laversoft update definition site, but I have been there and done that..I really feel there are plenty more programs out there, why is Ad-Aware so finicky with its connections when this is 2006 and all the others are simple for me to connect to for updating definitions? Thanks for your interest, however I don't want to take your time if this cannot be solved....look forward to your next reply....

I have never had much luck with Ad-aware and proxy servers. I download the update and replace it with the other dat file in ad-aware folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom