It's that time again when i buy a part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
alright, its coming close to my tax return.. and selling my compaq, along with a paycheck.. so lots of money for me :)

alrighty... i was thinking about getting another 6800 gs, go sli with what i have... or, should i get a 7800 gt instead, and save up again to get the 2nd 7800 gt??? something better to hold me off i guess until the g80.. i'm having a really tough time to decide....

i guess i'll say my budget i'm going to have for this upcoming week of buying things....

first i need to buy a hard drive, so i could put this one back in the compaq

i was going to buy a 32.7gb raptor for now.. so 101 dollars, along with an NEC burner, so i can put a burner back in the compaq (i love the hp burner it had, so i'm shafting the buyer with the NEC)

then once the compaq is sold i'll have 500 dollars total.. then my paycheck should come and i should be at about 900.. but i'm gonna have to give about 200 to my bro and parents so 700 after all that...

with that i was going to buy
6800gs 185.00
antec truepower II 550watt roughly 100
another 32.7gb raptor (put those babies in raid) 101
250 Gb WD 16mb cache hdd 100.00

i don't think i want to get rid of the raptors in anyway.. and no i won't just buy the 74 gig or whatever.. i have to buy them at seperate times... i don't feel like going into detail, but i do...

should i instead get a 7800 gt??? and sell the 6800gs to someone?? and then later eventually go sli with the 7800?? and no.. i don't want 1 7900gtx or x1900xtx or anything like that.. well i dunno, i have to find out how big my promotion was first.. but i know its big... so any opinions on my graphics card dilemma

i would get the 7800 and sell of the 6800gs...
btw.. the 500 watt version of that psu fried 3 mobos and 7 sticks of ram before i found out the problem....

What's up with the 2 little 30gb raids and then the main 250GB WD? Is there like some performance boost?

RAID 0 implements a striped disk array, the data is broken down into blocks and each block is written to a separate disk drive
I/O performance is greatly improved by spreading the I/O load across many channels and drives
Best performance is achieved when data is striped across multiple controllers with only one drive per controller
No parity calculation overhead is involved
Very simple design
Easy to implement

Also them 2 raptors are 10k rpm

personal opinion is to sell the 6800 and get the 7800 :)
that antec psu works like a dream in my system.

Kazama said:
What's up with the 2 little 30gb raids and then the main 250GB WD? Is there like some performance boost?

the 30gbs are Raptors, 10,000RPM HDD's.... compared to the standard 7,200 RPM HDD its a real performance increase

Well if your holding off for a G80 I would either stick with your 6800GS but if you won't some more power to hold you off go for another 6800GS for SLI 6800GS beats a single 7800GT, or you can get a 7900GT which should cost around 300-350 bucks and performs like a 7800GTX.

well either way, if i get a 7800 gt or 6800 gs... i'm going to go sli, i don't wanna play with 1024x768 anymore... and, i may not sell the 6800.. not too sure, i may just start building another rig with it for my brother.. or build another rig and sell it to another friend.. hahaha, i am a man who loves his money :) .... and its nice to see people arent telling me to just drop the raptors for change... i want the raptors for games and windows obviously.. and my bro uses the computer and is a music freak, so i need that 250gb.... 7900's are tempting, but when are they coming out.. i don't want to wait too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom