game not using gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
I just bought MS Flight Simulator 2004. I have way more than the necessary hardware, but it runs in software rendering mode. I can't change any fx/quality settings (all are stuck at low), can't change resolution, 20fps, 800x600 resolution...

I updated video card drivers, nvidia drivers, FS2004 updates. I don't know what else to do.

I've tried all kinds of changes in settings, but it still runs in software mode.

HELP!!!!

Under Settings > Display > Hardware, does it list your video card as the device?

its on my desktop rig. when i goto display settings in the game, it doesn't list an adapter and won't let me change any graphics settings whatsoever. i watched my temps as i was playing, and the only temps that went up were those of my CPU, so I know it's just running with the software renderer, not my gfx card.

I think i'm just going to reinstall the whole program. I updated device drivers after the program was installed, so maybe it'll recognize it this time?

Give it a try. The only problems I had with the 7800gt and FS2004 had to do with AA, nothing else (It turns out that parts of FS2004 don't like 8xAA. :rolleyes: ) Maybe you had a bad intall.

okay i reinstalled and it recognized my hardware. HOWEVER, that was only the first time I used it. every time after that it won't let me change anymore settings. it's using the settings I put it at, my resolutions, gfx settings, etc.... but I can't change them now.

I don't know what the heck happened, but there's a framerate limit on and I don't particularily like that...

Any thoughts?

haha you're not going to believe this, but the problem was somehow WINDOWBLINDS. I unloaded it and started up the program and everything worked as it should. I have everything turned up to max/extremely dense now at 1024X768, 32bit, 4xAA, 4xAF, getting around 45-50fps.

Also, is trilinear filtering better than bilinear?

So happy now!! I used to be ADDICTED to FS4, FS5, then FS98 back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom