Odd Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm currently using the onboard sound that came with my motherboard (see sig) and have the Logitech Z-3 speakers and subwoofer. All of the sudden, my left speaker has stopped working. I got out an old pair of speakers to see if something was wrong with the Z-3's or if it is the motherboard, and the left speaker on those doesn't work either.

Therefore, I think something is wrong, but windows says the device is working fine and there is no problem at all. I've made sure everything is properly plugged in, but still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you for the help.

my guess is the audio jack is broken. if you're crazy like me and you're good with a soldering iron it may be possible to fix it if thats the case. the pin for left audio on the jack may have seperated from the motherboard so could be soldered back or if the damage is within the jack it could be completely replaced. i wouldn't reccomend these actions as like i've said.....it's crazy. i don't know, do the NF3 lanpartys still have the detachable sound module? if they do you may be able to RMA it seperate to the board or order another. just a thought

Just go to Wal Mart and buy a Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit for $20. Not only will it offload sound from your motherboard and CPU, but you'll have better sound quality and you won't have the all too common hissing problem when you move your mouse around or pop in a CD or DVD.
If you really want to go off and get good sound quality, get an X-Fi from Newegg.com, Best Buy, or Circuit City. They range from about $120-$400 though. An X-Fi would compliment a set of Z-3's very well.

And that is my 1337est 1337th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom