dvd burner/player questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

madbomber31

Solid State Member
i recently (today) bought an el-cheapo dvd burner on ebay without reading the description real good... it says it does not come with an "audio cable"... it's an internal dvd player...i thought it hooked up just like a cd drive...

also, all i am going to use this drive for is to burn "back up" copies of movies (ya, right... "back up" copies, more like blockbusters backup copies)

anyway, what free software should i use for this? and do i need an audio cable for a dvd drive? shouldnt i just use the basic cables that most cd rom drives hook up with?

the brand is a dynex, part number DX-DVDRW16

most all DVD drives do not need the audio cable, and will work fine. To make copys of movies you will need to get a third party DVD decoder(included with some software). Note that you will not be able to copy copy-protected movies. There are various software out there for burning movies, but none I know of that are free. You can always play around with Windows movie maker, but you still need the decoder. Also note that the standard recordable blank DVD will not hold a 2 hour movie, for that you will need a dual layer burner and media( not cheap).

thanks for the reply... this dvd burner is dual layer and filehippo.com has a few decoder programs... my main concern was the audio cable... but if thats not an issue hopefully i'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom