+++++++++files Missing+++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe563

Solid State Member
People could you please help me, ive got 2 drives, c: and d: drive c: is stored my windows xp OS standard one, on drive d: is all my music etc! The problem is that for some reason ive went to play some music on drive d: but all my files werent there!!

My d: drive has 75gig, 30gig of which is music! when i select the d: drive on my computer, it says under details that free space - 45 GB total size 75GB Therefore my files are on the drive but i cant see it or play it! Ive tried playing it on Windows Media Player but it just brings up error messages that the file cant be found etc etc.

I think the problem could be that I was doing a scan disk when for some reason my computer jus turned off! Ive tried doing a windows restore to go back to when my files were there but nothing!

At this moment in time ive jus downloaded some file recovery tools which I shall use! Ive already checked the VIEW HIDDEN FILES in the TOOLS menu but nothing!

Please can anyone help me with anything at all!

Hardware: Windows XP, 1024 MB RAM, 2 75GB

It sounds that the files became corrupt when the computer restart. Try your recovery tools and see if you can recover the files.

Best of luck to you.

i have had this problem happen before, on my old emachines, and it was a virus.

However, it seemed like it was a virus that couldn't be picked up, but the technology gets better since 2000...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom