Removing GRUB Boot loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
I had win xp sp2. I decided to install ubuntu 5.10. I partitioned about 30 gigs for ubuntu. I dudnt use ubuntu so i wanted to remove it. I used partition magic to delete the 2 partitions that were made by ubuntu then i formatted them to be ntfs and had to change the cluster size of one of them to merge them. Then i merged both with my main winxp partition. Partition manager does not apply any changes untill you apply, so it was going to make all of these changes after i pick apply. I needed to reboot, so i did and a few secs after it started doing its thing, i got an error saying that it could not lock a locked partition. I decided to forget ubuntu and just let it have my 30 gigs for now. However, i could not boot into windows or unbuntu cuz GRUB got messed up. I got error 22. Then i used hirens boot cd and i did sometjhing (forgot what :-/) then grub gave me error 17. I put in a clean hdd and installed win 2k on it and thats what im on now. How can i remove grub boot loader thru windows 2k?

EDIT: Windows 2k says the disk is not formatted and so i cannot access it. I could get to it by using an ubuntu or dynebolic live cd, or by putting it in my bro's pc with winxp sp2.

YAY! Thanks soo much. It worked perfectly. Restorembr taht is. Im now running on my xp again. +rep to you man. :thumbs up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom