Building new system, some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radzio

Baseband Member
This is my first post here, great board with a lot of good info.
My old system is around 3 years old, I upgraded some parts over time but I have some problems with framerate in games like WOW and GTL.
This being a tax return season, I got a pretty decent check from uncle sam and decided to build a new more enjoyable system.

Im budgeted at around +/- $2200
This would be the new parts:

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
eVGA Geforce 7800GTX 256mb/two of them
Liquid Cooler System
Antec TRUEPOWERII 550w
Thermaltake XASER Tower

Things coming out from my old system
1 gb ram pc3200 Corsair pro series(2x512mb)
Soundblaser Audigy 2
74 GB 10k rpm raptor
TDK dvd drive(oldie but goodie)
Gateway FPD2185W LCD

Any thoughts? Did I miss something?
Last time I built a PC was couple years ago, I propably made wrong choice here and there, please put me on the right path before I buy all this parts.
Thanks,
-Brad

thats going to be a awsome system, but I suggest you get 2gb of RAM and do not go SLI, waste of money. besides the 7900's are coming out in a cuple of days. also look at the x1900xtx's when the 7900's come out cuase it will be intresting to see how they perform...uhh looks good :)

don't waste money on sli(unless you really want to), and i woul definatly wait tell the 7900's or get the x1900xtx if that fancies you. two gigs will definalty be nice now, and for the future. dual channel if you can. and i would go for a opty in the price range of the X2 4400 and overclock it "you are going to get liquid cooling arent you?"

So could I get two of THESE?
What mobo would I use then?
Maybe I should stretch the budget and get AMD fx-57, is it worth the extra?
And Yes a will get a liquid cooling system.

nonononon first of all ONE VIDEO CARD seriosuly, save bunches of money, second fx-57 is single core, If you got the money and want to buy a fx series chip get a fx 60, but seriosuly the processor you chose is fine..as for mobo some say DFI Utra D or MSI...just do some reading on it and find out for your self...like I said do not buy this system now, wait till the 7900 comes out and if the 7900 GTX beats the ax900xtx get that but if the x1900xtx wins get that, that way you wont buy a really exspensive card and then find otu theres a better one to come out in 4 days.....

btw whats your budget??

THE_VERN said:
sure if you want to! that sure is alot. but you would have to get the crossfire editions and get a cross compadible board. >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136165
and i don't know about a fx-57, personally i would go dual core because of the FUTURE!! haha, but that is just me. i would go for a opty' 180 and overclock the heck out of it.

yeah but I dont think he would want to OC a opty 180...this guy means business;), sides that would mean exspensive ram, but Corsair value select for him!...I agree dual core...

i does sould like you don't have a budget, so knock your self out and get the fx-60!! thats alot of dough but you sound like that isn't going to stop you. you could buy everything but you video card and wait tell the 7900. just so you could get started.

THE_VERN said:
i does sould like you don't have a budget, so knock your self out and get the fx-60!! thats alot of dough but you sound like that isn't going to stop you. you could buy everything but you video card and wait tell the 7900. just so you could get started.

wow take time to type your post you sound like a 3 year old:D lol

but yes I agree, dosent sound like a budget..

well If I go with one video card, I can get the fx-60, seems like an incredible processor.
I get very good discounts from ATI, I could get 1900XTX couple hundreds bux cheaper then online, so that might be the way to go.
My budget is around $2200(specified in the 1st post too ;) ), but I can stretch by a little if I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom