funny xp joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
hendon40 said:
Where is the joke?
talldude posts that most people agree that pent4,celleron can't run Win XP, but just look at this string! everyone is saying they can, and you know what, they can.

it depends on how you have XP set up.

You can have it running like a memory hog, or have it faster than windows 98.

a memory hog is relative. True, XP uses more memory than WIN98 or 95, but that is a memory problem, not a processor problem. You think XP uses a lot of ram? wait till Vista.

talldude123 said:
im not even going to look at vista, until i have a good job, that pays for a decent PC
thats a wize choice friend. By the looks if it , a person will need at least 2 gigs to run smoothly, and more for any performance.

i assume there is a way to boost performance on it, like XP?

but you might as well stick with XP, it would look the same...

how are they going to install it on 256MB Emachines with video chipsets?

there will be several versions of Vista, including a basic with just the OS. XP will be fine for most people as it will have support till 2008. 256MB?, more memory wont cost that much. People are still using Win 98, etc. and those OSs are not supported by Microsoft anymore.

the manufacturers skimp on everything, i bet a dell case is made of plastic cheaper than pencils.

I hope the manufacturers pre-sell the machines set on "performance" mode, or at least over-clock. The newer celeron's are going to be 3.0-3.5 Ghz, and that seems like a lot of power, but the RAM is going to slow it down.

talldude123 said:
the manufacturers skimp on everything, i bet a dell case is made of plastic cheaper than pencils.

I hope the manufacturers pre-sell the machines set on "performance" mode, or at least over-clock. The newer celeron's are going to be 3.0-3.5 Ghz, and that seems like a lot of power, but the RAM is going to slow it down.
I agree %100, that is why I build my own, no skimping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom