Overclock My 3.2GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
I have the Pentium 4 540 HT 3.2GHz Prescott, and I have an OEM motherboard. (Medion OEM) When I go into the BIOS to tweek some settings, the options are in gray. There's nothing for me to chage form auto to manual or something like that so that I can change speed, voltage, and etc. Is there another way? I heard that people use programs to do it, but I also heard that that was very unreliable. Is there a way to bypass the BIOS and be able to tweek the settings? Thanks.

P.S. What's the most you guys overclocked this CPU? I have the Zalman CNPS9500LED, so I thought overclocking would be possible.

if you cant change anything its a locked mobo. but otherwise
just step your fsb around 5mhz, you should be able to get 3.5 ghz safely, not sure exactly what mobo u have but it should have somethiung like M.I.T. intelligent.... something in the bios then just switch the auto clock to manual and step. i use prime95 for stability, and aida32 for temps.
(ive never trusted overclocking programs) hope that helps

I went into my BIOS and there's nothing I can change from auto to manual :(

Motherboard is MSI MS-7046 (Medion OEM)

if you could find the manufacturer website, you could prolly flash the bios and then make it work.

I searched my motherboard and it's ancient! I barely found anything for it. Except RAM and one guy was selling one on eBay. Didn't find anything so I could flash the bios :( Only option would be to use another motherboard? If that, then oh well. I might buy new case, psu, and motherboard in the near future anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom