x800gto OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
i went from 400/1000 to 410/1200 and artifacted at 62*C. on stock it can go up to 65*C without artifacting. whats this all about?

also, what is the max x800gto's have been known to go up to and be fine, temp wise? isnt it like 80*C or something??

thanks.

Your memory might be pushing it. Try and raise the core clock a bit more I'm sure you can get more than 10 extra MHz out of that card. If it keeps on afrtifacting point a fan at it to see if it's getting to hot. Shouldn't be artifacting at those temps. If all else fails looks like you might have a dud overclocker.

No, it's only guaranteed with the GTO2. Some of the plan GTO's have been known to unlock as well.

ah ok thanks, but if you flash the bios how do would you get it back to the original one?

Save a copy of the old one. There are also programs to flash the video card BIOS if it won't boot, but I don't know much abou this, mabey somebody else could elaborate on it.

You should be able to get 520/1150 with no artifacts, try that, watch the temps though.

i doubt it. if it was artifacting at 410/1020 then it wont do that. it hits 65*C on stock.

i put 1200 for them mem in the first post!! i meant 1020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom