Can anyone recommend a GFX card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addnon

Baseband Member
Hi I just bought a computer with the dreaded "intergrated" graphics, therefore I'm looking to upgrade. I used to be pretty savy about video cards, but I sort of lost interest over the years. The "best" card I currently own is a Geforce2 AGP 64mb (which has done fine actually for me.)

I'm not looking for a super expensive, top of the line, but something to get me by with gaming capablities.

My regular activies on the computer include; Photoshop, video editing, several games (Unreal Tournament 2005, various NFS titles, etc.)

The overall theme I'm going for is DECENT.

Here are my specifications:

1- MUST be under $100. Even $100 sounds kinda high to me. The cheaper the better.

2. PCI express.

3. Atleast 128MB.

4. Must have both VGA and DVi.

5. Preferably NVidia chipset, but I'll consider ATI.

6. S-Video.

So thats it, I'd highly appreciate any input. Thanks in advance for taking your time to find me a good card!

I have an ATI Radeon 9600se (128MB) it works really well and it was $130 when I bought it so it might be alot less now. Give it a shot :)

The best bang for buck card around $100 is the 6600GT, excellent card for what you pay for. I'd really advise paying the $50-75 or so more and getting the 6800GS if you'll be playing any games or running graphic intensive games though.

it looks like the $85.99 price tag on the 6800xt is actually after rebate. if you're okay w/ rebates, i'd recommend this card. the 256mb version of this card is slightly better than the 6600gt, so i would imagine that this 128mb version is about on par with the 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom