hard drive and cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I just stuck in an old Hard drive into my new machine.
It is a 20 Gig UDMA 100.

It is a 3.5 inch job and i already have my main drive and floppy drive, is it safe to stick it right beneath the main drive. i mean is it not too close for comfort.

when i was attaching power cables to the two hard drives, i used up all my cables. the cable attached to one of the hard drives is a bit too taut, will this cause a problem?

is there a way i can attach more power cables, i am yet to put in a DVD ROM/WR

is there also a way i can monitor the lealth of my hard drives.

umm i have two hard drives, one that is right under the other except one has a virus, but i dont think its a problem. but if you want to make sure get some hd fans. the cables for the hard drives should be different from that of the cd-roms and stuff, also i dont know what taut is so i cant help you there and moniter the lealth of hds?? im assuming you mean the heat so i will say just get a hd fan.

i don't like having the cables tight. i like them to be a little loose so i don't damage them or the plugs. better safe than sorry.

I am out of power cables, that is why i had to use the last two paired power cables in that configuration.

taut-stretched to the maximum.

where do i stick the HD fan? there is no place near the HD fans?
do hard disks generate a lot of heat, and two hard disks placed to each other would generate too much heat, such that they would start affecting each other?

i came across a reference which said
there is something called a Y adaptor.
what i understood from the reference is that a power cable attached with a y adaptor could provide power to wto power cables(are they called molex connectors?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom