Will the 7900GT use more power than the 7800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
The X1900xt can be had for under $480 if you use pricegrabber.

Personally I perfer retail versus OEM (except HDDs and Optical drives, etc.) and so far the cheapest retail X1900XT runs around 500 bucks. But if your not so picky you can nab a slightly cheaper OEM version.

If you're gonna go with the X1900XTX, go with Sapphire. And if you're talking about actual power in the 7800 I'd at least get a 500watt power supply.

Well just a sec, first of all, I never said I have a 7800GT, right now I have some crappy Radeon X300. My psu Is a 360W with 24A on the 12V and I have been told repeatedly on these and other boards that it would be enough to handle a 7800GT because the only other things I have connected that would drain serious power are my cpu, two optical drives and one harddrive. I also went to the PSU calcultor site and with everything my comp has in it, it uses about 315W with with the CPU at 100% utilization.

I wasn't looking to buy something like the X1900XT because they are simply too expensive. That's why the 7900GT for 300 sounds really good to me.

The 7900GT will perform better than the 7800GTX, just barely though. It's advantages are more easily OC'd, better power consumption and it's cheaper than the 7800GTX.

Exactly, it will because it will perform better than the 7800GTX for cheaper as well, I wanted to know if it could use up about the same amount of power so I could buy a much better card for the same price and still know my psu could handle it

If you're concerned with money, but still want good quality, go with the 7800GTX. It'll be a little cheaper with roughly the same output of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom