Windows Vista Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexta182

In Runtime
To those windows vista people.

Im having a little issue with Shares and Connecting to network shares using the 5308 beta. I can ping the PC but i cant access the shares that other PC can access. All i get it a window that flashes then closes quick. When in the network centre i can see the PC but i can access the PC shares.

I have also created a share on the PC (vista) given full share and NTFS access to it. When from my XP i cant access that share!

Getting frustrated

There has always been a issue with the networking capabilties for Vista. You can go out but never in.

This has been a known issues since Beta 1 build 5112. AFAIK there is nothing to do to get it to work from XP to Vista. I will ask around but i havent heard of any new networking fixes or anything like that lately.

I had some idea it might be a bug. The thing is i cant go out. When I type in the UNC path it comes back saying share can not be found. I can see the PC and thats it.

Well the fix back with Beta 1 was to copy the Network setup wizard from XP over. Either that or run it from within Vista.

Either way networking is still a issue with Vista. It hasnt been fully address as of the Feb CTP. Hopefully come the April CTP they might have some of these bugs fixed. ;)

Been done. I know me and almost everyone that is testing Vista that i know of have sent thid bug. We have tallied over 15 bugs in just over 2 hours with build 5308. ;)

I know they want the bug reports but when they get so many of the same one they just get bogged down with having to read the same BS over and over.

So what? Does that mean we should stop forum members from asking the same questions over and over since we are not payed?

Does that mean you like recieveing emails that are exactly the same for thosands of times?

Come on Tyler. Use a little common sense. If they are so busy reading all the same bug reports over and over again how are they suppost to fix it?

not really. Vista has been redesigned. The Kernel has had a major make over with more security. The fetures yes, but their is alot of behind the sene stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom