Which Mobo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FU_SU_LU

Beta member
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / SLI / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID

or

DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR ATI Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA

I'm wanting to get an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego and was wondering which mobo is the best? I'm going to game on it all the time. If there is a better mobo than those I've listed, let me know.

I also noticed the chipsets are different. Which is better? nVIDIA nForce4 SLI or ATI Radeon XPRESS 200?

Thanks!!!

i would get the first one, but why do u need such a good mobo, a 120 dollar ultra d is hecka good enough

Someone told me that DFI experts are know to kill cpu's...just what I heard...but yeah...the Ultra D is a great motherboard:) I just wish it had 3 PCI slots instead of 2:(

slick_tech15 said:
i would get the first one, but why do u need such a good mobo, a 120 dollar ultra d is hecka good enough
Yeah, I vote for the Ultra-D, the new AD0 revision is killer.

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

So, the first one is the winner there.

slick_tech15 said:

Well, I was just wanting to get one that would last and I could upgrade without having to worry.

Lord AnthraX said:
Someone told me that DFI experts are know to kill cpu's...just what I heard...but yeah...the Ultra D is a great motherboard:) I just wish it had 3 PCI slots instead of 2:(

Is that really true? Why the heck would they make something like that. Goofy companies. I might get the Ultra D then if that's the case.

Is the Ultra D mobo really better then the first one I posted, or are people just saying that because of the price?

SLI is a bit of a waste anyway, Unless u intend to play at very very high resolutions. Grab a ULtra-D and a single card solution. Like a X1900XT.

Im not blaming or point fingers but someone on TF told me that becuase I was wanting to buy a DFI expert before I bought my components becuase of the 3 pci slots and the excellent OC'ability.....but yeah sorry about that, Ultra-D is my vote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom