Whats the best hard drive Manufacturer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use seagate and hitachi desktar... as far as warranty, i'll choose seagate because of their 5 year warranty.. but on quality.. they're both good.. i never had a hard drive malfunction before...

ive got 4 seagates......2 of them are in this pc right now, never crashed, been formatted many times, and 2 more in the closet from my old pc, 1 of them crashed, but it was my fault......seagate makes quality drives, i know from experience

i have 4 western digitals in my lounge at home. 3 in the pc (2 caviar se's and a raptor) and a caviar in my xbox. all still run wonderfully. the one in the xbox starting to get pretty loud though not surprising, it has taken one hel| of a beating. the relevance of all this? i'm a WD guy and i think they are the best because a) they are cheaper here (heard in the US seagate is cheaper though) b) i find they generally perform faster than comparable hdd's from other manufacturers.

Beefcake said:
Seagate/Western Digital

IMO Seagate is slighty better.
Not really, I'm gona have to say they are about the same in terms of quality. In truth, I had my first seagate 250gb hard drive die on me. Also, only WD makes the 10k raptors.

Yeah seagate or western digital are really good i personally have used seagate and am very happy with it but western digital makes the 10k raptor drives and they provide a little bit of a performance boost but personally i dont' think the cost to performance ratio is worth it but thats just me

A lot of people say Western Digital's Raptor SATAs are the best on the market, but I'm still partial to Maxtor.

I had a Maxtor/Seagate die on me I haven't had any Western Digital/IBM hard drives die on me yet. Nor have we had any problems out at the shop with these brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom