Debating pushing it a bit further

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednik

Baseband Member
I got my new system up and running a week ago, (I was kept from experimenting more as it took me prob 10 hours total over the last few days to get rid of SpyFalcon). The most annoying spyware ive ever dealt with. I played around with overclocking past few days Its very stable at 1.425v and 2.75ghz, i clocked the FSB down 5 just to be safe. Load temps are sitting about 37-38 and during SP2004 highest it has gotten is 43. It will boot with a 265 FSB but I'm just no comfortable with that because my temps get to 46-48 during a short Prime95 run. Colling is fairly stock, 2 80mm Fans with 37cfm and the Zalman socket 939 Cooper Fan/heatsink. I really dotn know what my safe temp should be. I want to oush it further but I can't find that point to push it too then hold back a bit. I hear under 50 is good but that just seems really high. Watercooling is always debateable but its more than I wanna spend. What posibly are the best types of Fans or cooling options shoudl I look at? 12omm possibly, or maybe an exhaust or blower fan? I know this isn't a OC friendly procesor but its been more stable than I was told it would be lol. Thanks for reading :)

Below is the most recent CPU-Z validation. Voltage is at 1.375 temp 32c (according to Everest, speedfan, and the boards program)

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=76154

You can always push that thing a bit further to get your ram back up to stock speeds. Try and get it to about 2.8GHz. Keep your full load temps under 50*C and your fine.

Ram is memtest stable with extensive testing at 230. i dont have an area in this case to really mount a fan that would cool my ram well yet so 230 is best I will OC it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom