SATA problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolina

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I'm not exactly sure where to begin so I'll start off by explaining more or less what happens. I just got 2 SATA drives this week and I was able to successfully copy one of my drives but the other one has been giving me trouble. Whenever I connect the drive in a windows environment it detects it under device manager and the safely remove hardware icon shows up but it doesn't show up when I check local hard disk drives in my computer. When I bootup, the drive is detected so I doubt it has anything to do with the drivers, especially since it detects the other one just fine. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with mixing IDE and SATA drivers but I was hoping to simply copy everything over and give the IDE drives to my brother (he has 7.5 gigs total). Another thing I've also noticed is my system hanging when I have the successfully copied hard drive already connected but when I connect it in a windows environment it's detected and everything is fine. Help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

try fitting all the wires correctly in proper way......see if your system supports two drives......connect IDE-1 connector to Primary Dive and Secondary to IDE-2 connector .....hope this solves the problem.....

its not the ide's that im really concerned with, its the sata drives; the ide's work just fine. i just switched the ports on the drive that was giving me a problem and it read as no drivers installed, but then it "magically" went away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom