Can i give my old system life for one more year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
I have a 2.4 pentium-- 512 ram at 2700speed-- 80gig harddrive--agp 9800pro all in wonder.

My question is do u think i could get a new video card that would increase my systems performance and get me by for another year.

see i dont think it would help because i know of people who have this same video card but have faster ram and processor speed and there games run way better than mine.

so is my system peaked out or can i get away with just upgrading to like a agp geforce6600 and get a little more perfomance.

Im trying to put off buying a new computer till next year.

If you are going to buy a new computer next year, I personally, would stay with the setup you have now, and use that money for minor upgrades towards the newer system.

Upgrade to 1gb of ram before you upgrade your card. Personally, thats all I would do if I were to upgrade next year.

my friends computer is the same, with half the hard drive and memory...and it still runs great!

I think what you have now would run for another year, but more memory would help, and only cost $50ish...

Be sure to buy the RAM you want to use in your upcoming rig, so as to not "waste" the money on RAM you won't reuse.

If you are pressed for storage, hard drives are pretty cheap, and even cheaper if you watch the sales papers and specials' webpages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom