Question(s) about Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luciphear

Beta member
I am going to upgrade my computer soon (probably this month), and I got a question about Crossfire:
Like this:

1.Get a Crossfire Ready Motherboard
2.Get a X1800 (Crossfire Ready) (example)
3.Get a X1800 Crossfire Edition (Is this one optional? Can I wait getting this one untill I can afford it? Or do I have to get both a Crossfire Ready and a Crossfire Edition at the same time to make anything work at all?)

Thank You

So I can use the Crossfire Ready video card and the Crossfire Ready motherboard only? (And wait getting the Crossfire Edition video card, and it will still work?)

get a crossfire ready motherboard, get an ordinary ATI Videocard BUT! it gotta have an ATI Crossfire Ready clone/brother.

like mine i have a crossfire ready motherboard and an ordinary Radeon X1800 Series 256mb video card then i can get Radeon X1800 CrossFire Edition later and can use them together later for crossfire.

Look here
http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/howitworks.html

rhkenji said:
like mine i have a crossfire ready motherboard and an ordinary Radeon X1800 Series 256mb video card then i can get Radeon X1800 CrossFire Edition later and can use them together later for crossfire.

Does that mean you are currently using a X1800 Crossfire card with a Crossfire Ready motherboard? (Without a crossfire edition video card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom