Computer won't boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secundus

Baseband Member
Not sure which forum this fits in; however, I just recently upgraded my psu so I figured this one would do. Now my problem is on an old e-machine. I turn it on and it automatically goes to a black screen that says it could not boot successfully which may be due to new hardware. If your computer shut down unexpectedly then restart normally. What I have are options as if I hit F8 when starting. I have tried them all (start normally, safe mode, last good configuration). All of them get me back to the same black screen. I can get into bios on start-up but not sure if that helps me any. The machine worked fine after putting the PSU in. This problem started after removing the modem card and attaching a USB modem. Any help on what might be the problem before I throw my restore disk in there and wipe everything out and start all over.

Thanks.

have you tried resting the bio? and you said the problem started after you the using of a new usb modem maybe it's not compatible. try another one.

I have never messed with the bios in the e-machine so they should be at the default setting.

Tried putting original modem card in with same results.

Yes I grounded myself before removing the card.

So it looks like using the restore disk and reformatting is the way to go. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom