dual core amd vs dual core petium d what is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD > Intel

Hey by the way, this topic might be locked up pretty quick. There are a bunch of topics identicle to this one. There is a search link on the top of the page that will link you too all the other amd vs. intel threads.

Just a heads up. Happy hunting.

Right now AMD's X2 series PWNS Intel's Pentium D's. The AMD X2 3800 outperforms pretty much every Pentium D except the most expensive. However, Intel's new Conroe core based and 65nm chips look very promising. So it could be Intel who takes the crown in a little bit.

nitestick said:
the smithfield cores are absolutely no competition for the x2 series. however the presler coress seem to be closing the gap a lot. keep in mind the presler's are basically part of intel's next generation so AMD's next series of dual core would more effectively line up with it
I wouldn't call Presler part of Intel's next generation. They are still P4 Netburst based CPU's, just on 65nm.

Yeah, Intel's new dual cores should be pretty good. I guess I didn't make it very clear in my last post. I meant to compare the X2's to the pre-65nm CPUs. I haven't seen any benchmarks comparing X2's to the new 65nm intels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom