Finally a new PC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEMcLeod

Beta member
Hey all I am new to this forum so just wanting to say hello and post my specs and see what you all think. I usually go with Intel processors but I decided to give AMD a try.

PSU: OCZ 520W powerstream

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe w/DualDDR400 Dual GB Lan, Dual PCI-E x16 SLI Cool-Pipe

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ w/ 2x512k Cache

RAM: Kingston 2GB PC3200 DDR Cas3 (2 x 1GB)

Case: Thermaltake VA3000BWA Tsunami Dream Tower, Black w/ Window

Hard Drive: Seagate 120GB Barracuda 7200.9 Sata II W/ NCQ, 8MB Cache

GPU: eVGA GeForce 7800 GT 256 MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, VIVO

Optical Drives: LiteOn SHW-160P6S 16x16 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Feel free to give me feedback on this it would be nice to know how the specs are and if the processor is alright since I normally use Intel not AMD.

Its a good processor but the question is how do you like it?
Are you going to go back to Intel?
Are you planning on upgrading this system now and need help or something?

I like it, but I do need help understanding something. You know how if you go look at game requirements and it says intel pentium 4 1.8 ghz required, whats the equivilent for AMD cause the X2 3800+ clock speed is 2 ghz and I have always gone with intel cause they have had higher ghz all the time, im just skeptical I will have to upgrade my processor all the time to match all the new games, but like I said I have never had AMD so I dunno what the equivilent processors are to the Intel p4s.

One thing you have to know is this. AMD cores are more efficient then Intel cores. This is because AMD puts their memory controller on the CPU instead of on the Motherboard like with Intel. It's like Intel is a truck that can carry 3200 pounds but it has to go a further distance to carry it's load compared to a AMD truck which can only carry 2000 pounds but it only has to go half the distance. Thats why although AMD core are clocked lower they are more faster then Intel P4s.

The AMD X2 3800+ is a fine CPU and I'm probably going to get one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom