What new stuff can i get at June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
At June 06', What new components are coming out?, Nothing much i have heard of & will anything be cheaper? thanks

summertime is slated to bring intel's conroe core and the g80 I think. AM2 should be released during the summer, but it's a while away. Everything will probably be delayed.

Ryan

June 6th - AM2
CPUs are said to start at 3500+ and up.

Maybe NForce 5

Should be the same day - Nvidia 8xxx series

We might see some perpendicular recording in the desktop also.

Faster DDR2 for AMD

Blu-Ray and HD Drives.

turtile said:
June 6th - AM2
Should be the same day - Nvidia 8xxx series

Are you serious?? :eek: The GF8 SERIES ON THE JUNE OF 6th????? RADICAL DUDE!!

Its only a rumor I read somewhere. They said it may have GDDR4 @ 1Ghtz (2Ghtz DDR). It should be out by the end of June though.

From VR-Zone:

"We heard that G80 will be in time for launch in June during Computex and the process technology is likely to be 80nm at TSMC. In the recent statement, NVIDIA has said that they will be backing the 80nm "half-node" process by TSMC where it allows reduction of die size by 19%. We have previously mentioned that G80 is likely to take on the Unified Shader approach and supports Shader Model 4.0. G80 is likely to be paired up with the Samsung GDDR4 memories reaching a speed of 2.5Gbps. As for ATi, the next generation R600 is slated for launch end of this year according to the roadmap we have seen and the process technology is 65nm. It seems that the leaked specs of the R600 that surfaced in June last year is pretty likely. "

Wow, that would stop me from waiting another year to get my new computer :D ..... i hope it's true! But the prices .....

.... Unknown:

"We suspect this card should be ready sometimes in September time even some people suggested April as a possibility. But we believe that April is just a poisson d'Avril, or mayhaps a red herring."

:(:(:(

What about AM2?, Are they any good or should i stick with the Duo's? (Dual cores)

don't say Duo because that is one of intel's lines so it can get confusing. as pointed out AM2 will be released with the lowest being the 3500+ the 3800+ will basically be very similar to the current one and the 4000+ seems as if it is actually going to be more similar to a venice rather than san diego core. i read the 4000+ will be replaced with a higher clocked 512kb L2 cache cpu. at the other end of the scale will be a 5000+ which will be similar to the FX-60 and then not longer after that should be the release of the FX-62.

by the way FghtinIrshNvrDi, different hemisphere. it wil be winter here not summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom