Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for some cards it will work. But the effects use a lot of resources. So even if they do patch it you still might not want to use it. Since all it will do is bog your system down. ;)

Microsoft has made no bones about its strategy to convince users to upgrade to more function-rich (and pricey, we assume) versions of Windows, as one of its strategies to keep the Windows coffers full. With Vista, the Redmondians are planning to implement a built-in upgrade mechanism, known as Windows Anytime Upgrade, right into the Windows operating system. Anytime Upgrade will allow customers to move to higher-end SKUs by obtaining a license from one of Microsoft's partners' Web sites.

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,2180,1933827,00.asp

Warez Monster said:
Microsoft has made no bones about its strategy to convince users to upgrade to more function-rich (and pricey, we assume) versions of Windows, as one of its strategies to keep the Windows coffers full. With Vista, the Redmondians are planning to implement a built-in upgrade mechanism, known as Windows Anytime Upgrade, right into the Windows operating system. Anytime Upgrade will allow customers to move to higher-end SKUs by obtaining a license from one of Microsoft's partners' Web sites.

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,2180,1933827,00.asp

In a way that's going to be horrible for micro$oft because people will find ways to hack the system and get ultimate upgrade for free.

Well since all you have to do is buy the Starter Edition or the cheapest one available, then use a crack or whatever to get the Ultimate Edition.

So you are right Mikee. This could be some very bad news for Windows Vista. Will make it a nice and quick target for hackers after its release.

I have some stupid questions.

Minimum system specs for Vista?

Will microsoft offer a version to upgrade from xp pro?

will ge force 5200 card support its graphics?

Thanks

Nv

NewVincent said:
I have some stupid questions.

Minimum system specs for Vista?

Will microsoft offer a version to upgrade from xp pro?

will ge force 5200 card support its graphics?

Thanks

Nv

Minimum specs: I dunno but I've run it on my system (see sig)
but glass didn't work due to my video card beng slightly old

the 5200 will support it because the miimum for glass is 5100 i think.

does anyone know if M$ is going to make upgrade versons of vista to upgrade from xp, or if we can just upgrade using the full versions?

Windows Vista won't have a backdoor that could be used by police forces to get into encrypted files, Microsoft has stressed. In February, a BBC News story suggested that the British government was in discussions with Microsoft over backdoor access to the operating system. A backdoor is a method of bypassing normal authentication to gain access to a computer without to the PC user knowing. But Microsoft has now quelled the suggestion that law enforcement might get such access.

Makaveli213 said:
Well since all you have to do is buy the Starter Edition or the cheapest one available, then use a crack or whatever to get the Ultimate Edition.

So you are right Mikee. This could be some very bad news for Windows Vista. Will make it a nice and quick target for hackers after its release.

why should i buy starter edition then use a crack to get the ultimate edition, u can download Ultimate Edition from Bittorrent for free without buying anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom