The coolest...well coldest mod I have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
My buddy got his new computer in today. Stock it's a P4 2.53, but he is running it OC'd at 3.3 with idle CPU temps around 31C and case temps of 12.

His uncle actually modified a dehumidifier and hooked it up to the computer, with a giant hose hooked up to the side of the comp.
Case temps can be as low as -20C!

He has 6 case fans also, but only runs 2.

Will post pics and more detailed stats soon.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but...you are on the Computer overclocking/mods/cooling forum.

It ain't pretty, and it ain't quiet, but it is BRRRR COLD!

I will ask him to get some pics soon, but he is having a hard time hooking up his speakers.

Grenade said:
Can you say "pyscho, loaded, get a life??"

Um...no. As Orb said, youre in an overclocking and mod forum. A CPU running at 22C will run faster, not to mention thats one hell of a mod to tackle on your own.

Also worth pointing out- commercial retail coolers like this one (no, your friend wasnt the first to think about it) run for up to $2000. So doing it yourself is mighty smart.

Yeah, to me I have a picure of a huge apparatus on the side of the computer. Cool shit though.

Yeah his uncle who is real "good with his hands" did it. It is not pretty, it's a big ole' brown thing with holes cut in it and there's a slinky-like tinfoil looking duct running from the side of the comp to the unit.

Nice temps though, now I have to spend 300 on a watercooled system to compete just to prove to him that an AMD is just as good! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom